Monday, April 2, 2018

Music for Rocking a Baby to Sleep

I recently had a baby – my husband and my first – and have already begun to introduce him to the world of classical music. You can never begin your journey to discovering good music too soon, so I am sure to have 90.9 WGUC playing in our home and in the car so that Hudson can listen. I find it calms him down and helps him to relax during nap time each day. That got me thinking – what music best works to help rock a baby to sleep? Whether you are like me and trying to sooth your youngster to sleep or are trying to catch a few extra Z’s yourself, perhaps this Spotify playlist will offer some suggestions on where to begin.

Babies are unpredictable as I’ve learned in recent months. The truth is, my sweet boy prefers this when falling asleep to any of the calming music in the above playlist. That’s what makes being a parent so special – you never know just how your child will put a smile on your face.

What are some of your favorite pieces for falling asleep? Let me know and I can add them to our playlist!